NBA Street – PlayStation 2
Lace up the 'tops and hoop it up. Experience the game of streetball, become part of the culture and develop into the ultimate street legend. Schoolin' your opponent playground style on the way to victory is the name of the game. Beat 'em with ankle-breaking cuts and unbelievable hang times. Receiving rewards for your streetball mastery is extra sweet. Pick a court and hold onto it as you go up against mixed squads of NBA players. Your goal: Set the court record for consecutive wins while sending all comers home. The city circuit calls for you to hit the road with Michael Jordan and take on fearsome NBA street teams. From inner-city blacktop showdowns to sun-soaked b-ball brawls by the beach, these are the toughest and hippest courts in the country.
Taking the ball out of the hands of shoe salesman and giving it to characters based on schoolyard greats, NBA Street also plays by street rules. Off-the-backboard passes, nasty dunks, and a special momentum meter--which boosts your abilities as you humiliate the competition--let you know you're not playing arena ball. In fact, some of the courts are modeled after real-life basketball training grounds, such as New York's Rucker Park and the Cage. You'll see them all when you hit the road and take on the local crew. Perform well against them and you'll be able to recruit some special talent (did we say Mike?) to your team. Hold the Court mode will reward you with cool accessories, such as shoes and tattoos, by successfully defending the home court against challenging teams.
- The game puts you on the playground with a set of NBA players -- choose your team from a group of NBA players, pick-up style
- Beat them, and you can pick one new player from the other team to join your group
- Beat the boss-team of each region to move ahead and build your rep
- Games go to 21, and you have to win by two, just like in old-school pick-up games
- Travel to playgrounds across the country in City Circuit mode, or play to earn new looks & equipment in Hold The Court mode